SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS WANTED!
Wellington USD 353 is looking for substitute teachers for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. Please contact Casey Witham at the District Office for MORE INFO!
(620) 326-4300 Ext. 2091 or [email protected]
APPLICATION TO SUBSTITUTE TEACH for USD #353
Each summer we update our records for substitute teaching in the Wellington schools. If you would like to substitute teach for Wellington USD 353 for the 2022-2023 school year please:
1) Email or call to let us know you'd like to sub for USD 353.
(620-326-4300 Ext. 2091 or Casey Witham - [email protected])
2) Inform us of any changes in address, phone numbers, email address, work day availability, school or grade level preferences, etc.
3) Complete the in-service on BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS on the internet. (See Info / Link Below) This is a yearly requirement and must be completed before we can place you in any of our schools. Please print out the Certificate of Completion at the end of the test.
(Please use this link to access BLOODBORNE PATHOGEN TRAINING. Once there, log in by using your 1st initial and last name then click "LOG ME IN" It will take you to the training you need to complete. Thank you!)
4) Make sure you have a CURRENT LICENSE with the State of Kansas. You can check the KSDE website for more info and to check the status of your license at the links below.
Once we have received your Certificate of Completion for the Bloodborne Pathogen Training and have an active License on file, we'll add your name to the list we send to the schools. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Casey Witham at 620-326-4300 or email@example.com - we will not be meeting at Central Office this year as no additional paperwork has been added.
For more information regarding "Substitute Teaching" click the following links:
EMERGENCY SUBSTITUTE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
STANDARD SUBSTITUTE LICENSE INFO
Daily Rate: Substitute teachers will be paid at the rate of $100 per day and $125 per day after three consecutive days in the same assignment.
Half-day assignments are $50.00 per half day.
Pay Method: Paystubs are mailed to your home address and will be direct deposited into your checking or savings account.
Your paycheck will be direct deposited to your chosen account the morning of payday. A schedule is indicated below but the general rule of thumb is PAY DAY is on the 20th of the month and pay periods are from the 11th to the 10th of each month. Variances occur if the 20th falls during a holiday, weekend or teacher in-service.
8/22/2022 thru 9/4/2022 (9/20/2022)
9/5/2022 thru 9/18/2022 (10/5/2022)
9/19/2022 thru 10/2/2022 (10/20/2022)
10/3/2022 thru 10/16/2022 (11/4/2022)
10/17/2022 thru 11/6/2022 (11/18/2022)
11/7/2022 thru 11/20/2022 (12/5/2022)
11/21/2022 thru 12/7/2022 (12/20/2022)
12/8/2022 thru 12/25/2022 (1/5/2023)
12/26/2023 thru 1/15/2023 (1/20/2023)
1/16/2023 thru 1/29/2023 (2/3/2023)
1/30/2023 thru 2/12/2023 (2/17/2023)
2/13/2023 thru 2/26/2023 (3/3/2023)
2/27/2023 thru 3/12/2023 (3/20/2023)
3/13/2023 thru 3/28/2023 (4/5/2023)
3/29/2023 thru 4/9/2023 (4/20/2023)
4/10/2023 thru 4/23/2023 (5/5/2023)
4/24/2023 thru 5/14/2023 (5/19/2023)
5/15/2023 thru 5/28/2023 (6/5/2023)
5/29/2023 thru 6/11/2023 (6/20/2023)